Long PCR Primer Behavior

Raj Gupta m_ravi_gupta at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 23:19:24 EST 1999

Dear Mike,
Since you are using long PCR primers there can be various reasons for
them not to work like formation of Hairpins, Dimers, Cross Dimers, False
Priming etc. Its best that you test your primers with a primer design
software. I vote for Primer Premier software (www.premierbiosoft.com)and
they have a new version just released.
By the way I am also working on primer design theory, so if you will
send me your primers sequence, I can detect if there is any specific
problem with them. Also send me the target sequences and that might help
to detect further.
I hope this info helps you.
bye
Ravi Gupta