Primers for sequencing from EMBL4?

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 03:11:44 EST 1999

In article <3770d87b.0 at moron.semo.edu>, Allen Gathman <agathman.nospam at b
iology.semo.edu> writes
>I have an old genomic library in EMBL4, and would like to sequence some
>clones from it.  Unlike most newer vectors, EMBL4 doesn't have T3, T7, or
>any other standard flanking promoter to use as a sequencing primer.  Does
>anyone have experience sequencing from EMBL4?  Maybe someone has already
>generated some flanking primers and could send me sequences for them, so I
>can save the trouble of designing and testing new ones?
>
>--
   ^ add a space here and most e-mail software will automatically remove
the sig. below

>Allen Gathman
>agathman at biology.semo.edu
>http://biology.semo.edu/agathman/

Try the following. I can't remember where I got them from, possibly this
newsgroup. The archives would tell you.

EMBL PCR Primers for Lambda

Forward primer

5’ TGC CCG AGA AGA TGT TGA GCA AAC  3’

Reverse primer

5’ TCT GGG CTT AAA AGC AGA AGT CCA AC  3’

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.