Marking the position in cell culture dish

Dooyeon Kim dykim at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Thu Jun 24 21:23:15 EST 1999

Hi, I have difficulties in finding a specific position in my cell culture dishes.

I've been cultureing the rat striatal neuronal cells and now I plan to immunostain

the cells with NF-kB antibody. The problem is I want to double-stain the cells with

NADH-d NBT. This stain was not compatible with immunostaining(it quenches the rhodamine

and FITC fluorescence).

So, I immunostained the cells with rhodamine labeled anti-NF-kB, photographed

the cells, and then staining the cells with NADPH+NBT. But I could not find the

same position I photographed. I heard some uses the "Camera lucida" skill(drawing

the cell position and find it afterwise) but it was too laborious for this situation.

Does anyone knows the way to notify a specific position on the cell culture dishes

after photography? Is there any company who sells microscopically labeled culture dishes?

Please e-mail me if you  have any idea or information for solving this problem.

Please help me. Any suggestions or comments about this situation will be greatly

appreciated.

Bye

 Ajou medical school                     Dooyeon Kim ......................
 Pharmacology Lab.                       dykim at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr