DNA end labelling

Matt Thomas mthomas at hsc.usf.edu
Tue Jun 29 05:32:46 EST 1999

In article <376A6EA3.CCA43408 at helix.nih.gov>, Pranvera Ikonomi
<ikonomi at helix.nih.gov> wrote:

>Is there any method available for noradioactive end-labelling of double
>stranded DNA?
>
>Pranvera Ikonomi
>Laboratory of Chemical Biology
>Building 10, Room 9N/318
>Phone: (301) 496-1281
>Fax:    (301) 408-3614
>email: ikonomi at helix.nih.gov

I've added biotinlated UTP to the ends of DNA.  Will this do for what you
want?  I just use Klenow to fill in a Eco RI site and subsitute Biotin-UTP
for dTTP.  e-mail me if you want my protocol.
Matthew Thomas, Ph. D
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida
mthomas at hsc.usf.edu

"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz