Boosting protein expression in mammalian cells ?

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 29 10:59:20 EST 1999

In article <3778D9F0.8AAF332B at cajal.mbb.ki.se>,
  svend at cajal.mbb.ki.se wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Rumours around this lab have it that there is a drug out there, which
> may enhance the yield of transient heterologue protein expression in
> mammalian cells, e.g. CHO cells ?
>
> Can anyone confirm this and even better, name the compound ?
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> Svend Kjaer, Ph.D.
> Dept. of Neuroscience,
> Karolinska Institute,
> Sweden

IIRC, butyrate enhances expression from some promoters (e.g., CMV
promoter) a few-fold in transfected cells. If nobody else remembers,
I'll try to come up with a reference for you.

| Nick Theodorakis                              |
| nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu       |
| (previously theodorn at gusun.georgetown.edu)    |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/