Urea and ion exchange

.Krimer Alejandro a.krimer at biosidus.com.ar
Wed Jun 30 08:06:59 EST 1999

	Dear Netters:

	I disagree with Roney, may be some protein could bind to ion
exchange resins; but the general rule is not binding.
	I have heard some explanations a few years ago about the question. I
think Urea exposes hydrophobic sites in the protein reducing the interaction
with a charged matrix.
	In my experience working with more than 10 different proteins urea
concentracion should not exceed 2-3 M.
	Hope this helps.

	Alejandro Krimer
	R & D Department