problems with taq-polymerase

Eduard Post e.post at biol.rug.nl
Wed Jun 30 08:59:43 EST 1999

Hello,

We have great problems with Taq-polymerase from Amersham Pharmacia. We
are producing a pcr-product in our negative control ( no DNA added). We
think the Taq-polymerase is contaminated with DNA, maybe from the
organism it's isolated from    (Thermus aquaticus). We are performing a
16s-rDNA pcr with universal-bacterial primers.

Are there more people with the same problem? Have you found a solution?
Are there other polymerases (from other companies perhaps) wich have the
same problem?

Greetings Eduard Post

Microbial Ecology
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen