DNA quantification in cell cultures

Tarja Kokkola tkokkola at messi.uku.fi
Mon Mar 1 04:13:36 EST 1999

Dear netters,

Is there any simple spectrophotometric or fluorometric method to quantify
DNA in cell cultures in multiwell plates? We would like to measure
several parameters that are affected in cell cultures exposed to a certain
drug. On top of the number of living cells the information of DNA content
in wells would be essential. I know that there are some fluorescent dyes
that bind DNA but have these been applied to quantitative measurements? We
have a plate reader that can read both absorbance and fluorescence.

Any references and commercial product names will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tarja

--
Tarja Kokkola