DIG High Prime

neufeld at paprican.ca neufeld at paprican.ca
Mon Mar 1 17:39:34 EST 1999

Hello, For quite some time I have been trying to label my two DNA gene probes
(1.2KB, 1.9kb) with the Boehringer Mannheim product, DIG High Prime
(random-primed labeling).  However, I have been unable to label at an
efficiency of more than 1/10 to 1/100 of the expected yield.  I have also
been trying to label the control unlabeled DNA that the company sends with no
better success.  More confusing is the variability of labeling efficiency
from one labeling to the next.	What I would like to know is if there is
anyone at all who has ever used this product before?  How did it work for
you?  If I cannot find anyone who has successfully used High Prime then I
will probably attempt another DIG labeling method (any suggestions?). Thanks,
Josh. P.S. Labeling success is measured by diluting out probe and spotting on
a membrane with control-labeled DNA.