why fatty acid free albumin for blocking PVDF membranes in weste

Mon Mar 1 10:54:49 EST 1999

In article <7b1ds5$l62$1 at mserv2.dl.ac.uk>, wolfgang.schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there any evidence if FA free albumine is important for blocking?
>In other words, what albumin quality is necessary for effective
>blocking PVDF in westerns?

"Normal", non FA-free, works just fine. 3% for 1 hr.

>I noticed that different albumin (BSA) qualities have highly
>different prices.
>
>Is there any special grade or supllier you would recommend or
>discourage to use?

We routinely buy from SIgma (the one that is 99% pure and cheapest
(sorry, too lazy to get the catalog) and it works for westerns and as a
carrier in our bio-assays.

        Dima