IUBio

over expressing proteins

Per Mygind perm at biobase.dk
Tue Mar 2 03:09:02 EST 1999

Limor Minai wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm looking for a bacterial strain which allows over expression of
> cloned genes and has low peptidase activity. Right now I'm working with
> BL21, and the protein which is  expressed in the bacteria gets degraded
> by it.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Limor Minai, The Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem, Israel.

Try strains BL21-DE3 and BL21-DE3 pLysS, works great for us
--
Regards

Per Mygind

If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47, fax   : 86 19 61 28