Best his-tag and myc-tag antibodies?

Tue Mar 2 09:45:13 EST 1999

In article <7bf5tc$e0c$1 at nntp4.u.washington.edu>, pearton at saul10.u.washington.edu (D. Pearton) wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm soliciting opinions as to the best source of his-tag and myc-tag
>antibodies.  I've had problems detecting my his-tag fusion protein with
>the invitrogen antibodies and I was wondering which companies you've had
>the most success with.

We use anti-myc from Babco and they are very good. recently it has
come to my attention that ATCC sells hybridoma cell line that makes
anti-myc. In the long run, buying cells and purifying ab yourself will
be much cheaper (and ab much more pure!).

I have not seen good ab that recognize 6his ONLY. Invitrogen's
"anti his tag" is very good but the epitope is NOT his tag (rather
tripeptide found in all Invitrogen's vectors plus his tag).

        - Dima