DOP-PCR

Alexandre Caetano caetano at dilbert.ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 2 16:45:49 EST 1999

I am trying to use DOP_PCR to amplify genomic DNA obtained microdissected
chromosomes.  My ultimate goal is to create a chromosome-specific
library with the DOP-PCR products for isolating microsatellite
sequences.  My first question:  does anyone have experience with this?
A colleague from another university has tried this but was able to
isolate very few microsatellites from her library.  Have any of you tried
this before?  I would appreciate any comments or ideas.

Thank you

alex