Complementation

Michael Benedik benedik at uh.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:28:55 EST 1999

In article <7bh8st$ev1$1 at mserv2.dl.ac.uk>
"Malay" <curiouser at ccmb.ap.nic.in> writes:

> [...]

Its hard to say what is happening. When you are plating at such a high
density you may be finding complementing plasmids that are present
rarely in the library, or you may be selecting for revertants or
pseudorevertants of your host strain. Why don't you streak these small
colonies out again at high temperature to purify them, then isolate the
plasmid and see if it complements with high efficiency or not.

Michael Benedik
Department of Biology and Biochemistry
University of Houston                   Tel: 713-743-8377
3201 Cullen Boulevard, HSC 402          Fax: 713-743-8351
Houston, TX 77204-5513              email: benedik at uh.edu