IUBio

coprecipitant for RNA

Anke Wichert anke.wichert at charite.de
Wed Mar 3 05:25:17 EST 1999

Hi Georg,

I am working with smallest amount of smallest ribozyme-oligos, so I am
quite familiar with your problem. I always work with glycogen (1
microliter of a 10 mg/ml solution per precipitation) - it coprecipitates
smallest amounts of even smallest RNAs, is visible, perfectly soluble in
water (but gives  a visible pellet in EtOH washing steps), is cheapy
even for molecular biology purposes and does in NO way influence nucleic
acid or enzyme rections.

Hope, this helped - Anke Wichert