coprecipitant for RNA

Victor Levenson levenson at uic.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:02:12 EST 1999

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU (Brett Lindenbach) wrote:

>[deleted]
>  I have also tried linear polyacrylamide, ala a
>recipe I found here around two years ago.  It also works well, but
>requires an effort to make it up.
>[deleted]

I use LPA - linear polyacrilamide - which I bought a couple of years
ago (if you want the source - e-mail me and I will look it up). Very
good precipitation material, 5 min under ethanol is all that you need.
No interference with ligation, RE digestion, transformation has been
noticed so far. Have not tested transfection, though...:-))

Victor Levenson MD/PhD
Res Asst Prof
UIC, Dept of Genetics M/C 669
900 S Ashland Ave                   The one who wants finds HOW
Chicago IL 60607                    The one who doesn't finds WHY
levenson at uic.edu
312-413-3887
312-413-3128 FAX