IUBio

Amino acid analysis problems

Darren M. ummanley at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 4 08:28:54 EST 1999

Is anyone aware of any problems SDS causes in amino acid analysis?

I have an overexpressed membrane proteins (~5-7mg/L) solubilized in
150mM SDS buffer.  After HCl hydrolysis and drying, the hydrolysate is
difficult to solubilize and TCA precipitates an appreciable amount of
protein (suggesting incomplete hydrolysis...even for the 72 hour
sample).  I have a variety of detergents I can use, but thought I would
"ask around" before trying them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,

Darren