IUBio

ABI 310 T3/T7 sequencing problem SOLVED!!!

Mart Speek smart at KBFI.EE
Thu Mar 4 05:59:52 EST 1999

Hey "BigDye" SEQUENCERS!

As you may remember that recently I had a problem getting
any sequence from TSR-treated and -20 degrees Centigrade
stored sequencing reactions, it now became clear that
storage in this manner (> a week) is unacceptable.

However the same reactions can be successfully
stored at + 4 degrees fridge, and good sequence
is reproducibly obtained after 5-10 days
(aliquots stored at -20 C yielded no sequence!)

I have no idea what might happen to these
reactions at -20 C.

Would be interested to see whether anyone else has
encountered similar phenomenon.

Mart (ESTONIA)