IUBio

cDNA expression libraries

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 4 17:10:06 EST 1999

In article <36decb34.167161227 at news.cc.uic.edu>, levenson at uic.edu (Victor
Levenson) wrote:

[snip]

> Stratagene - as far as I recall - has libraries in a vector with EBV
> ori-P, which should not have these problems. However, you should find
> a cell line which expresses EBNA to support the replicastion
> (actually, if you DO find such human cells, I will appreciate a
> pointer).
> Victor Levenson MD/PhD

Don't Invitrogen sell (or used to sell) an expression vector
for EBNA which allows you to use a wider range of cell lines?
(after co-transformation with your EBV ori plasmid).
I remember seeing this in an old catalogue when some
colleagues were using their pREP series of vectors, some
of which have the EBV ori.  Sorry I don't have this to hand.

     Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD