IUBio

refrigerate microcentrifuge

DengX dengx at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 20:47:01 EST 1999

 You may  check Heraeus microlitre centrifuges
(http://www.heraeus-instruments.de). Heraeus mergered with Sorvall and the new
company is called Kendro Laboratory Products.
Recently we got a Heraeus Biofuge fresco ($4000) as a free replacement for a
unsuccessful Sorval MC14 (about $5000 when we bought it a couple of years ago
). We are happy with this small, quite  refrigerated microcentrifuge.
Unfortunately, I can not provide you information about  its reliability.
As others suggest, usually it is a better choice to put one into a refrigerator
with power outlets.  Those refrigerated microcentrifuge are much,  much less
reliable than the big high speed (up to 20krpm) refrigerated centriguges.

X. Deng
Dept. of Pathology
SUNY HSC
Syracuse, NY 13210