IUBio

Best his-tag and myc-tag antibodies?

Neil Saunders saunders at bio.vu.nl
Fri Mar 5 02:19:12 EST 1999

D. Pearton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm soliciting opinions as to the best source of his-tag and myc-tag
> antibodies.  I've had problems detecting my his-tag fusion protein with
> the invitrogen antibodies and I was wondering which companies you've had
> the most success with.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yak
>
> --

Whilst I haven't used his-tag or myc-tag antibodies, I have recently been
trying Qiagen's Ni-NTA-AP conjugate and it works pretty well.  You need to
be quite stringent with the protocol otherwise there can be significant
background, but on the whole the results are nice.  Main advantage is it's
around half the price of the anti-His antibodies.

Neil Saunders

--
Department of Molecular Cell Physiology,
Faculty of Biology,

phone: +31 20 4447194
email: saunders at bio.vu.nl
WWW: http://members.xoom.com/paracoccus/