precipitating proteins w/ ethanol

Peter pxpst2 at unixs.cis.pitt.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:38:06 EST 1999

In article <i.mcfarlane-0803991440450001 at 143.65.17.58>,
i.mcfarlane at icrf.icnet.uk (Ian Mc) wrote:

> Have you got a protocol or a ref.for this technique?

"Concentration of Dilute protein for gel electrophoresis" Anal. Biochem.
226: 382-383 1995

> I need to recover proteins from an SDS solution and although EtOH and
> acetone will bring them out of solution my usual method of resolubilising
> in 1M Tris pH10.4 isn't working well.

Some proteins do not re hydrate well

> One other thought, do you know if urea precipitation will work in the
> presence of SDS?

Works even in the presense of SDS.  Some of the SDS my come thru but for
gels that is not a problem

--
Peter

" Don't you eat that yellow snow