DNA isolation from agarose gels

John Ladasky jladasky at pmgm.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 9 01:02:02 EST 1999

In article <KTZD2.351$6D3.7799136 at newsie.cais.net>,
Sean Fitzsimmons <fitzsp at cais.net> wrote:
>What is the simplest and most efficient method for recovering restriction
>fragments from agarose gels.  I am trying to recover PCR product whose ends
>have been digested with restriction enzymes from HMP agarose.  The gels have
>loads of product, but recovery of approximately 5% seems to be the norm.
>I've tried Wizard PCR preps, Quiex II, and electroelution, all with very
>dissappointing yields.  Any suggestions of simple, high-yield protocols?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Sean Fitzsimmons

Hi there,

	I've been using the EluQuik kit from Schleicher and Schuell (no
affiliation).  I get yields of approximately 50%.  It's the old "glass
milk" protocol, with some improved reagents.

--
Rainforest laid low.
"Wake up and smell the ozone,"