Basic question

Mon Mar 8 18:36:55 EST 1999

In article <7bp5e9$94i at ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>, Neal Robert Melvin <nrmelvin at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
:Can someone tell me what the difference is between a mM unit and a mmol?
:How do you calculate mol?
:
:
:
:Neal Melvin
:University of Calgary - Faculty of Medicine
:Department of Neuroscience - Neuroscience Research Group (NRG)
:Health Sciences Centre
:3330 Hospital Drive, NW
:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
:T2N 4N1

I too have very basic question:

How on earth was it possible to finish high school, much less
graduate from medical school without learning such basic things
like measures of quantity and concentration? In my humble opinion,
the lack of such understanding would unquestionably negate
any meaningful undestanding of most everything in pharmacology
and _a lot_ in many other areas of biology and medicine...

        - Dima