IUBio

Purifying Antibodies using affinity support

Keith Pitts pitts at arches.uga.edu
Tue Mar 9 08:40:25 EST 1999

Hey-

Our lab needs to clean up a weak antibody that has a relatively low
titer to our protein.  It has been suggested that we use a method
whereby we covalently attach the purified protein to a resin and
affinity purify the antibodies to see if we can improve the
specificity.  So far, I have found a Bio-Rad support gel which will bind
primary amines (which may be fine for our purposes), but does anyone
know much about this process?  Also does anyone know of any other _good_
supports to use for this endeavor?

Thanks alot!
Keith
pitts at arches.uga.edu