CANCER CELL/TISSUE RESPIRATION IN CULTURE
We have used O2/CO2 Respirometer (Micro-Oxymax) to measure O2 consumption and
CO2 production in normal and cancer cell/tissue. The results are very exciting.
We could easily differentiate O2 consumption between normal and cancer cells
and suppression of respiration by anticancer agents. Following cell lines and
tissue were used for the experiment.
1. Rat prostate cancer cell line (MAT-LyLu)
2. Human prostate cancer cell line (PC-3)
3. Rat prostate cancer tissue from MAT-LyLu cells implanted rats.
4. Metastatic lung from MAT-LyLu cells implanted rats.
5. Prostate cancer cells exposed to anticancer agent, gossypol.
1. Normal prostate tissue from rat.
2. Lung tissue from rats.
3. Adipocytes from normal rats.
If you are interested about this technology and the observation, please e-mail
your postal address. I will send you all information.
P.K. Ghosh, Ph.D.