Ligation, and Transformation iNHIBITORS.

Frank O. Fackelmayer fof1 at chclu.chemie.uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 11 06:55:33 EST 1999

"Frank O. Fackelmayer" wrote:

> "Bernard P. Murray, PhD" wrote:
> >

> -snip
>
> >      I don't know if electroporation is a better choice for
> > big plasmids.  Perhaps someone else can comment.
>
> yes, definitely.
>
> Frank

In addition, I have recently learned that there is obviously a genotype
that allows the uptake of large plasmids into bacteria. It is the
genetic marker deoR found e.g. in DH5alpha and its derivatives. Please
note that this information was taken from the Promega Protocols and
applications guide, second edition March 1991 (table 27, page 407). I
have never actually checked it experimentally....

Frank