Software for DNA Analysis

Michael Clayton clayton at bcm.tmc.edu
Fri Mar 12 11:20:08 EST 1999

I am starting a competitive PCR project.  I plan to use agarose gels and
then photograph them and scan them into the computer and find the
density of the bands.  My problem is that I can't get any of the
software that I have tried to work consistently.  So far I have tried
UTHSCSA's ImageTool and Scion's Image.  I would appreciate any advise
from someone that has gotten this to work.  At first I was trying to get
around buying an expensive analysis program, but I am willing to now if
I know that it will do what I want it to.
Michael Clayton