how much recombinant protein in a plaque ?

Crepineau florent crepinau at sb-roscoff.fr
Fri Mar 12 09:46:47 EST 1999

   Dear neters,

I am using a Lambda ZAP II cDNA library and I would like to screen for a
protein using plaque lift. However my detection system is not very good
and I need about 5 micrograms of recombinant protein to be able to detect
it.

Has anybody an idea of how much recombinant protein is produced in a
plaque when inducing with IPTG after one night ? Maybe I could produce
'large' plaques (2 mm diameter) to have enough protein?

Thank you in advance

Sincerely yours

Florent

--
Florent Crépineau

Station Biologique de Roscoff/BP74/29682 ROSCOFF CEDEX/FRANCE