IUBio

Primer sequencing with a pipeting robot?

Paul Shinn pshinn at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 12 19:00:05 EST 1999

Ari (apl at mail.student.oulu.fi) wrote:

: Is anybody really doing succesful primer sequencing with a pipeting robot?
: The total volumes used are small (7-10 micros), and some robots may not be
: accurate enough to handle it. Some or all of them?
: Do you have any good protocols for ABI 877 or maybe good experiences with
: other robots? If this robot won't work, we have to look for something
: else.

    I have our Biomek 2000 doing BigDyePrimer reactions in 96 well plates
(cycled on MJ cyclers) and 384 well plates (cycled in PE dual 384 block
Viper).  It takes about 30-40 minutes to setup 4 96-well DNA plates.  They
are 5 or 6ul 1/4 BDP reactions done on M13.  I have been very pleased
with it.  I don't have the protocols on hand but you can e-mail me for them.

---
Paul Shinn                                                ,___o
pshinn at neomorph.bio.upenn.edu                            _-\_<,
Arabidopsis thaliana Genome Center                      (*)/'(*)
http://genome.bio.upenn.edu/ATGCUP.html
(215) 573-7256