optimization for recombinant protein expression

ÃÖ ¿õ khlee at MED.CHUNGBUK.AC.KR
Sun Mar 14 07:01:21 EST 1999

--------------61A1139D4E72C2D008C6128B

<HTML>
Dear Netters:

<P>I am trying to express a recombinant protein on pATH vector (TrpE promoter)
in E. coli.
<BR>This protein will be induced in M9 media, which contains casamino acid
in 0.5% (5g/L) as usual concentration.

<P>(1) I wonder if I can increase the yield of recombinant protein when
I increase the concentration of casamino acid in M9 media.

<P>(2) In addition to the minimal salt, I usually add glucose, thiamine,
calcium and magnesium. Is it required to increase the concentration of
salt and other additives if the concentration of casamino acid shall be
increased?

<P>Thanks in advance.

<P>Woong Choi</HTML>

--------------61A1139D4E72C2D008C6128B

begin:          vcard
fn:             Woong Choi, M.D., ÃÖ ¿õ
n:              Woong Choi, M.D.;ÃÖ ¿õ
org:            Dept. of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.
email;internet: khlee at med.chungbuk.ac.kr
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard