IUBio

You have been invited!!

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 15 15:46:25 EST 1999

In article <rh-1403991205100001 at secretary1.ibls.gla.ac.uk>,
rh at mblab.gla.ac.uk (Robert Hartley) wrote:

> In article <bpmurray*STUFFER*-1303991510030001 at mac-daddy.ucsf.edu>,
> bpmurray*STUFFER*@socrates.ucsf.edu (Bernard P. Murray, PhD) wrote:
> > In article <199903130858.CAA01604 at smtp1.gte.net>, 282q at gte.net wrote:
>  SNIP SPAM
> > Shall we all dial together and see if we can
> > spam their phone system?

> Isn't there an online mail bouncer that you can fwd this to that will
> reply in droves to the mail address. Apparently if they (SPAM sender) have
> an auto reply script, then they receive copies of their own mail in
> return. And this repeats until the sys crashes.
> I read on the comp.sys.acorn.* groups that this existed and I beleive that
> it cured one SPAM sender. :-)
> Any Ideas?
> PS. Since joining this group I have been amazed by the level of SPAM.
> Cheers
> Bob

I'd better add the disclaimer that I wasn't *reeally* serious
about phoning them as it could possibly have been an honest
mistake on their part.  The main thing that irked me was the
amount of "this all legal nah nah nah" text appended to the
post.  Is their any kind of legislation in the works to
amend the description of spam?
     ....pity the 1-800 number doesn't work from Glasgow though...

     Bernard
--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD