IUBio

G418 and neomycin?

Steven Goldberg goldbers at bms.com
Mon Mar 15 15:01:51 EST 1999

G418 is used for eukaryotic cells, neomycin for bacterial cells.  The way I
understand it, the resistance factor is the same but you need the appropriate
promoter to express it depending on the organism used.

In article <36E88E23.9FA83B49 at rcyllene.uwa.edu.au>, mwatson at rcyllene.uwa.edu.au
says...