IUBio

Bact. Strain BL21

Alberto I. Roca aroca at rice.edu
Tue Mar 16 13:07:20 EST 1999

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95q.990315190656.18071A-100000 at biochem> ChenHA,
hachen at bc.ic.ac.uk writes:

>the second reason is certainly correct.  Unlike other commonly used
>strains, BL21 is not rec- or have significant mutations that would

shameless plug:
you could use the recA- derivative of BL21 called BLR from
novagen (http://www.novagen.com). this was part of an unpublished side
project from my thesis. please note that i made the strain, but i do not
receive any money from novagen.

also, as a postdoc in another laboratory, i do not have the resources
to send the strain out myself--especially overseas.

alberto :|

Dr. Alberto I. Roca                 Internet: aroca at rice.edu
Department of Biochemistry  MS 140	     FAX: 713-285-5154
Rice University
6100 Main Street
Houston, Texas 77005-1892 USA