IUBio

Seeking: E.coli strain allowing inverted repeated DNA

Paul Mitsis pmitsis at seqltd.com
Tue Mar 16 09:40:35 EST 1999

An older but pertinent reference is Leach and Stahl,  (1983) Nature 305
pp448-4451 " Viability of lambda phages carrying a perfect palindrome in
the absense of recombination nucleases".    The operative mutations are in
Rec BCD and SbcB.  If your strain has these knocked out  you are starting
in the right place.

Paul Mitsis

Dr. Duncan Clark <Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<$zxX9EAHCT72EwNu at genesys.demon.co.uk>...