Setting up a PCR Lab

Bill_A_Nussbaumer at ms.bd.com Bill_A_Nussbaumer at ms.bd.com
Tue Mar 16 09:15:21 EST 1999

Bill A Nussbaumer at BDX
03/16/99 09:07 AM

So what your saying is that a "proper" search would involve several hours
wading through miscellaneous web pages, library references and textbooks
looking for the right material.  And this is preferable to taking a few
minutes to try and mine the vast knowledge base of the Usenet who may or
may not answer at their own discretion.  I'm afraid I don't get it.  If
this group isn't for information searches (broad or specific), then what is
it for?  Besides, the request seems pretty specific to me.

Sorry, I don't know about setting up a PCR lab so I don't have an answer,
just a rant.

Bill Nussbaumer

In article <36EDDF1F.74B4 at mediom.qc.ca>, Gerry Boucher wrote:
>I need somme documentation ( articles, book titles or internet
>address) on how to establish a PCR laboratory.
>subjects: sample preparation, preparation of reagents, preventing
>contamination, location of the PCR machine etc.
<with reference to this and several preceeding posts of the same nature>:
The *FIRST* reference you need is on how to conduct searches for
information.
Hint: USENET is not usually a good starting point for a broad-topic search.