Resuspension of P1 DNA pellet

Alex P. gap24 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 11:05:12 EST 1999

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on resuspending P1 DNA. Following a
Qiagen purification the P1 DNA pellet was "resuspended" in water by
flicking of the tube, pipetting up and down and leaving at 4C overnight.
When the "resuspended" DNA was run on a 0.7% agarose gel very little
traveled into the gel while most of it remained in the well. When
restriction digests of the P1 DNA where performed the same problem
occured. The enzyme cut some of the DNA and bands where visible but most
of the DNA remained uncut in the well. Subsequently I have tried heating
the DNA up to 50C for 30 min and vortexing but no improvement has been
observed. Any ideas?
Cheers
Alex