Expression COXIII mRNA Questions

Alan J Watson watsonaj at bms.com
Thu Mar 18 08:49:11 EST 1999

Awhile ago we probed a Northern with an EST that was actually a
chimera of the clone we wanted and COXIII.  It now behooves us to
analyze this blot in greater detail.  I really don't want to
repeat the experiment the right way (it's not *that* important!),
so my questions are:

Can I use the signal from the COXIII as a loading control, or is
expression of COXIII tissue-dependent in some way?

Also,we picked up two bands from the COXIII portion of the probe
- does anyone know what the "correct" size of the COXIII message
is?

Thanks in advance,

John

--
A. John Watson, Ph.D.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.

watsonaj at bms.com

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the
precipitate."