DNA isolation from agarose gels

Richard P. Grant r_grant at see.sig.for.address
Thu Mar 18 03:41:05 EST 1999

In article <7cq0hk$qlo$1 at saluki-news.it.siu.edu>, "Jesse J. Parry"
<casshan at siu.edu> wrote:

>but for the typical grad student, you have 89 million
>experiments to do.  Thus, kits provide a great way to cut down the time it
>takes to perform agarose-DNA purification and other procedures as well.

So you're saying it's fine to buy the kits and use them with no (or
little) understanding of the underlying chemistry?

I agree that kits are a great time-saver (I have to say that, we sell them
(-:) but I would urge every grad student to understand what they're
doing.  That in itself will save wasted time on the 'phone to tech support
. . .

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
work: www.cmtech.co.uk        |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
           -- 'Bring me the hedge of Alfredo Garcia' --