Bidirectional mammalian expression vector ?

Victor Levenson levenson at uic.edu
Thu Mar 18 17:52:13 EST 1999

sidney at neuro.mpg.de (Sidney Cambridge) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>does anybody know if there's a mammalian expression vector where two
>different genes can be expressed from the same constitutively (strong)
>promotor ? I guess this would have to be a bidirectional construct with
>the two genes being inserted on opposite sides of the promoter.
>BTW, I am aware of the IRES possibility, however, for this project, I
>wouldn't be able to use one.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Sidney

There is a tet-regulated (?) promoter in a vector sold by Clontech.
You can check their website for more info.

BTW, why is the IRES unsuitable? Just pure curiosity...

No affiliation, etc, etc......

Cheers,

Victor

Victor Levenson MD/PhD
Res Asst Prof
UIC, Dept of Genetics M/C 669
900 S Ashland Ave                   The one who wants finds HOW
Chicago IL 60607                    The one who doesn't finds WHY
levenson at uic.edu
312-413-3887
312-413-3128 FAX