Macconnell Miniprep-24

John R. McQuiston zje8 at
Fri Mar 19 07:53:25 EST 1999

We used it for a while.  It was good as a screening tool but the DNA is not
clean enough to do alot with.  You can do restriction digests on it or PCR.  I
think that with the cost per prep and the cost of the machine it wasn't worth
it.  We now use the Qiagen spin columns and get much cleaner DNA and as fast
and cheaper, but there's more hands on time.  That was an advantage to the
machine, you just loaded your cultures and walked away.  It was fairly
consistent but also expensive to run.

 In article <#9rn5YXc#GA.313 at>,
100550.3012 at CompuServe.COM says...