IUBio

What DNA pol is this?

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 04:17:37 EST 1999

In article <7d15gf$sft$1 at mserv2.dl.ac.uk>, Wolfgang Schechinger
<Wolfgang.Schechinger at med.uni-tuebingen.de> writes
>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to read your opinion on this DNA polymerase: What kind of
>pol is this:
>
>Pptimum temperature is 60degC, accepts ddUTP (at least with attached
>dye). Is used in sequencing under these conditions. Any ideas?
>
>Wo

I can tell you it is not an archael pol because they do not like dUTP
let alone ddUTP (they latch on and release it several thousand times
slower than other bases - LTI J.Biol.Chem paper 3-4 years ago.). Most
likely, if it is not being used for cycle sequencing, is a reasonably
thermophilic bacterial pol I like enzyme, probably a Klenow fragment i.e
5'-3' exo minus. So it could be Bacillus stearothermophilis or any other
bacterial thermophile growing at 55-65C. Even Taq pol will work happily
with ddUTP at 60C.

Who's selling it?

Duncan
sliced from time to time....