IUBio

Do DNAs from different individuals mix if stored together?

Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at NMSU.EDU
Mon Mar 22 17:39:20 EST 1999

At 07:43 PM 3/22/99 GMT, alexandra hiller wrote:
>Hi!
>Does anyone know if there exists the possibility that DNAs from
>many  individuals (in this case ants) that were stored together
>in 70% ETOH get mixed?
>Thank you
>Kai Henrich

Can you be a little more forthcoming with your question? I'm not sure I
understand if the ant DNA samples were being stored in individual
tubes....!? If so, I don't quite see how they might get mixed...!!

Dr. Hiranya Sankar Roychowdhury
GENE LAB/ EPPWS
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003