IUBio

Production of Methionine by fermentation

leiling at my-dejanews.com leiling at my-dejanews.com
Mon Mar 22 07:17:01 EST 1999

I´m wondering if anyone is aware of wheter it´s possible to produce Methionine
by fermentation. As far as I know it´s currently produced in a chemical
process, but is that due to technical or economic considerations.

It is important to me because the legislation in Denmark in some cases
distinguish between the two.

I look forward to any help I could get concerning the subject such as ex.
existing technical barriers in the fermentation process etc.

Kenneth Leiling
Denmark