IUBio

production af the amino acid Methionine

leiling at my-dejanews.com leiling at my-dejanews.com
Thu Mar 25 08:43:43 EST 1999

I´m looking for any information possible regarding the production of
Methionine by fermentation. Does anybody know wheter its possible to produce
this particular amino acid other ways than in a pure chemical process ?

If not, what is the technical difficulty in the process ?

Its very important for me to separate the two production methods due to a
different treatment of the two in the Danish legislation.

I would appreciate any help and I can be reached by email:
kenneth.leiling at dti.dk

Kenneth Leiling
Denmark