XhoI Southern

Alan ywlee at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Mar 29 04:44:43 EST 1999

Hi netters,

    I have a query concerning the digestion of mouse genomic DNA with
XhoI. I found a pretty strong "undigested" band of >13 kb and a rather
weak smear (all the way down to 2 kb). I was wondering if XhoI sites are
really so rare in the mouse genome that most of the resulting fragment
are bigger than 13 kb, or my genomic DNA is so dirty that it is only
partially digested (I did try digesting it with EcoRI, and it gives a
smear...complete digestion!). Anybody came across similar experience
please kindly drop me a line. Thank you very much.

Alan Lee