baculo expressed protein insoluble

Phil Dynamin dynamin at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 01:39:17 EST 1999

I don't know for sure that this is relevant to you, but it may help...
We found little round "inclusion bodies" in our SF9 cells too.  Turns out these
are revertant baculovirus that has reverted back to expression of the polyhedron
coat protein - ie wild type.  Under light microscope they are easily seen as
multiple polyhedral-shaped structures inside the cells.  This revertant does not
apparently happen with newer kits like bac-to-bac, but when the construct is made
using the older random insertion method using the wt virus.  I am told that all
constructs made the old way are subject to this reversion.  The only way to get
rid of it is to plaque purify the virus again, which is a time-consuming pain...

Phil R
Sydney