IUBio

Unwanted fluoresence in liposome-mediated transfection

Andrew Leung leungkc at glink.net.hk
Tue Mar 30 07:11:48 EST 1999

Hi all,

    I have tried using a commerically avalible liposome-mediated
transfection kit to transfect my GFP plasmid into 3T3 cells. But upon
analysis for the expression of GPF under fluoresence mic., yellow
fluoresence is always observed besides the anticipated stronge GPF signal.
This undesired yellow signal is found to be assoicated with cell membrane
and is happened in both transfected and non-transfected cells.

If anyone has this happened in transfection or any suggested reasoning,
please let me know.

Andrew