IUBio

Blotting RNA from Acrylamide to Nylon

January Weiner nospam_jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Mar 30 12:52:03 EST 1999

[ Jonathan Howarth ]
> I'm wanting to blot RNA products from Ribonuclease protection assays from
> 5% acrylamide gels (native or denaturing possible) on to nylon membranes.
> Can I do this by capillary blotting or by electroblotting using a
> western-transfer apparatus (or similar). If anyone has any idea how this
> is best done I would be grateful for your help.

I get great results with the Trans-Blot semi-dry blotter (Biorad). First
put the gel into 0.5 x TBE for half an hour, then for an hour onto the
blotter. 10V, roughly 300mA (refer to the users manual). Nylon plus membrane
from Macherei-Nagel.

	Regards,
		January

--
"If it can't be expressed in figures it is not science." [RAH]