IUBio

Questions about clean up of PCR product

Midgard's Vurm the-wyrm at excite.com
Wed Mar 31 16:59:41 EST 1999

In article <7dt7ek$rr02 at hkusud.hku.hk>, "Wilson" <netson at hotmail.com> wrote:

 :  Dear all,
 : I would like to know the effective and economic way(s) to clean up PCR
 : product.  I always use the following procedures: precipitate PCR product,
 : then have a agarose gel electrophoresis, cut out the target DNA band and
 : retrieve DNA by GeneClean.  Is there any other way (such as special
 : precipitation methods) to remove impurities such as primers and dNTPs
 : effectively?

You can save yourself some dough by using DE81 paper instead of GeneClean.
And skip precipitation of the product if you are doing gel e/phoresis
afterwards.

Cheers,
V.

--